CMW Professional Services can also be an invaluable tool for students.
Proofreading / Editing
CMW Professional Services offers different levels of editing, depending on your needs and budget. The fee ranges listed below will help you estimate the cost o
f your document, though you will receive a firm quote before work begins. The final fee charged depends on a number of factors, including the following:
- Level of editing desired.
- Initial document quality: the better the shape a document is already in, the less editing is required, and the lower the rate, beginning at $2.50/page.
- Document length: I offer a discount of .25 cents per page after the first 50 pages of a document and for every 50 pages thereafter, up to 200 pages.
- Turnaround time: rush jobs are charged at a 15% higher rate.
- Number of tables needing reformatting.
- Formatting requirements: formatting of theses and dissertations to meet university requirements is charged separately at an hourly rate of $20.00.
For most types of edit, charge is by the page (one page equals 250 words) rather than the hour, which lets you know your total costs up front. I will be happy to provide a free sample edit of one or two pages. You pay only if you decide to continue with the service.
Proofreading (light editing): $2.50 per page
This level of edit is best performed on a finished document ready for submission. I will check the following points and correct any errors:
- number style
- page numbers
- running heads and footers
- cross-references to pages, charts, tables, maps, etc.
- style and documentation format
I will not change wording except to correct simple errors of grammar.
Copy editing (medium editing): add .50 cents per page
This level of edit includes all the above plus attention to usage and grammar. Below is a sampling of the types of errors I will look for and correct:
- word choice (e.g., affect/effect, ambiguous/amb ivalent, convince/persuade, imply/infer, lie/lay, permeate/pervade)
- subject/verb disagreement
- pronoun/antecedent disagreement
- dangling participles and misplaced modifiers
- split infinitives
- misused adjectives and adverbs
- improper prepositions
- faulty tense and mood
- lack of parallel construction
- mixed grammar
- sentence fragments
- confusion of restrictive and non-restrictive clauses
- obvious errors of fact
At this level of edit I will not take matters of style, organization, argument, or evidence into consideration.
Substantive editing (heavy editing): add .50 cents per page
In addition to the above considerations, I will improve style by working to achieve a consistent tone, as well as a clarity and flow of language. To this end I will:
- smooth out awkward language
- eliminate ambiguity, wordiness, redundancies, jargon, slang, and bias
- change passive to active voice where appropriate
- clarify indefinite pronouns
- rework run-on sentences and noun strings
- point out vague or confusing language
- indicate where paraphrase is preferable to quotation
- rework paragraph structure and transitions
This level of edit includes some attention to organization but not to arguments or evidence.
Structural editing (manuscript evaluation and critique): add .50 cents per page
At this level of edit I analyze the document as a whole, looking for strengths and weaknesses in organization, argument, and evidence. I makes considerations on whether:
- the document is clearly organized
- you have an effective introduction
- you have a strong conclusion
- you have a compelling hypothesis or theme
- you have clearly stated your hypothesis or theme
- your arguments support your hypothesis
- your evidence supports your arguments
- you have sufficient evidence
- your arguments or sequence of ideas flow logically and are easy to follow
- your assumptions are valid
- logic, facts, and details are consistent
- paragraphs are well structured and developed
- you have a good balance of primary and secondary sources
- your introduction, conclusion, arguments, and evidence are all clearly related.
I will also query possible errors or omissions. At this level I am not editing for such matters as grammar, spelling, punctuation, style, or usage, which require a separate edit if you choose; this is best done after the structural editing. Also, I will perform this type of editing only for documents in the humanities, arts, and social sciences, not being expert in other fields at this time.
Style editing: add .50 cents per page
I will conform a document to a particular style (APA, MLA, Chicago/Turabian, AP, or other journal or publisher style) or to university and department guidelines for theses and dissertations. This includes but is not limited to the following considerations:
- typeface and font
- serial commas
- number style
- heading formats
- proper sequencing of manuscript pages
- documentation format
These different levels of editing necessarily shade into one another, and it’s not always easy to decide where one ends and another begins. For this reason your document may receive a bit more editing than you arranged for, but never less, and at no extra charge.
….. New Payment Option!……
Due to popular demand, I have added the option of retaining my proofreading/editing services for an entire semester . As a student, finances aren’t always in sync with your needs, and I understand that. One up-front fee is all it takes to reserve professional assistance with those essay-laden courses! Please refer to the Pricing guide for more information…
Why choose CMW Professional Services?
Professional Assistance In an academic environment that grows more and more competitive each and every year, many students are finding they need assistance. And not just any assistance, either. Today’s competitive academic environment has students demanding professional assistance. Come find the help you need with CMW Professional Services.
Constant Communication You always have an open line of communication, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. CMW is available by both email and phone.If you happen to find yourself in need of assistance with your course work, do not hesitate to contact CMW Professional Services. You will be glad you did!
Let CMW Professional Services do all the work for you.
Ready To Get Started? Need More Information? Please click on the Book Now Button on the sidebar.